Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Aamir, the Emperor Khan!

An actor par excellence, award winning director ('Taare Zameen Par'), and a hit producer ('Lagaan', 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na'), Aamir Khan brings to the Bollywood screen a will to experiment and a desire to be perfect.

The most bankable actor of recent times, Aamir Khan is the darling of the "thinking film buff".
On the eve of his latest production venture, 'Peepli Live', we walk you through the life of Aamir Khan.

Aamir Khan is the son of renowned film producer Tahir Hussain.
He started his career as a child actor in 'Yaadon Ki Baaraat'.
His ticket to fame was 1988's 'Qayamat se Qayamat Tak'.

"My parents looked after us very well... we had a fairly sheltered life. I mean my parents were really against me getting into films. I come from a film family. My father and uncle were both filmmakers. And I faced hell at home. It was like there's no way you're getting into films," said Aamir.

Aamir fell in love with his neighbour Reena Dutta and married her soon after turning 21, much against the wishes of both their families. The marriage produced two children and lasted 16 years, ending in divorce, in 2002. 
He married Kiran Rao in 2005.
Landmark movies of Aamir Khan include: 'Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak', 'Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander', 'Andaaz Apna Apna', 'Rangeela', 'Raja Hindustani', 'Ishq', 'Ghulam', 'Sarfarosh', 'Lagaan', 'Dil Chahta Hai', 'Mangal Pandey', 'Rang De Basanti', 'Taare Zameen Par', 'Ghajini' and '3 Idiots'.
Says Aamir: "I am not really interested in power. I think it's important to know what one can really do with the power. According to me, power is how one uses it. I can be very powerful but if I can't use it for any good or can't contribute to the industry then I am actually powerless. I would like to use my power by working with new directors, giving new actors to the industry and making experimental films."
His upcoming movies are 'Dhobi Ghaat' and 'Lajjo'.
Aamir's directorial debut 'Taare Zameen Par' was the official entry of India to Oscars in 2008
Aamir's 'Ghajini' is India's biggest grosser ever. The movie grossed Rs 3 billion worldwide.
Rumours are rife that Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle has approached Aamir for his next venture.
Aamir has taken a break from acting until early next year to concentrate on his three home productions - 'Delhi Belly', 'Dhobi Ghaat' and 'Peepli Live'. 

Aamir is India's first celebrity blogger. He blogs @ www.aamirkhan.com.
He is the brand ambassador of Coca Cola, Parle G, Titan, Toyota Innova, Tata Sky and Samsung. He was recently appointed the Brand Ambassador for Tourism Ministry's Atithi Devo Bhava campaign.
He is also a hit playback singer with numbers like "Aati Kya Khandala" from 'Ghulam' and "Bum Bum Bole" from 'Taare Zameen Par' topping the music charts.
Aamir says he only accepts meaningful awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment